Ragi Health Benefit & Weight Loss – Ragi Dosa Recipe
Ragi is not a very popular dish in North India as in South.I started using it when I saw some baby food recipes which were made out of Ragi. Few of the common name of Ragi which I got from Wikipedia are as follows:- Bengali, Nepali: Marwa, Marthi, Gujarati: Nachani, Bavto, Hindi: ragi, mandika
Let me share with you few of the reason why I like Ragi in my food:-
1) It’s high in fiber and after having it your stomach is full for longer duaration. One cheela is good enough for my appetite if I have it with good amount of sambhar and coconut chutney.
2) It has lot of calcium in it so if you are watching milk intake then this can be a good substitute.
3) It is recommended to diabetic as well to those who are suffering from cholesterol problem.
By the way Ragi is definitely not for those who are on Paleo/wheat belly or only protein diet as its a grain and has lot of carbs in it.
So here goes the Ragi dosa recipe –
I will not be writing about the sambhar and cocobut chutney recipe as I think if you thinking of ragi dosa then you must be knowing both of their recipes.
I am not a person with lot of patience , therefore I get this dosa batter from outside in which I add the ragi flour. I make my own raagi flour just by grinding raagi and I don’t sieve it. Dosa batter portion is ¼th and ragi flour is 3/4th. I keep the batter overnight and sometime for 3-4 hours.
Cook the dosa on low flame, with this it comes out crisp and crunchy. It generally takes me around 10-15 minutes to make one ragi dosa so please don’t treat every one with it otherwise you will end up spending hours in the kitchen
To make the dosa grease the pan lightly with oil and spread the batter in circular motion when oil is hot.Pour a little oil along the edges while cooking. When crisp, fold over and serve hot.
I use minimum of oil while making it and my healthy dosa is ready to be eaten :). You can make idli with the same batter but keep the consistency of the batter little thick.
Do let me know if you have any of your favourite Ragi recipe in the comment section
Check Out More Weight Loss Recipe here :-
- Cabbage And Egg Recipe |Paleo Diet India
- Healthy Breakfast Recipe – Paneer Cheese Sandwich
- Healthy Savory Waffles | Protein Rich Recipe
- Ways To Make Eggs Interesting
Ragi Health Benefit & Weight Loss – Ragi Dosa Recipe published first on https://olimpsportnutritionuk.tumblr.com/