Quick chick pea salad for low carbers
Summer heat is killing along with the scare of Corona virus which is stopping us from going out to eat something spicy and different. When you are home, it’s time to think of healthy food that is fun to prepare too in a jiffy.
This is a unique recipe which can be served as starters & double up as main course owing to the amount of nutrition it is packed up with. This dish also serves as a quick snack when you just want to grab something healthy & filling for the tummy.
The combination of various fresh vegetables for the salad along with chickpeas certainly gives a delight to the person and also the fact that it is a low carb recipe makes it even more desired.
The main ingredients of this salad are easily available at your home and you just need a little while to put all of them together and enjoy it. If you are not in a mood to cook or feel too lazy to prepare anything then this is the perfect food you can have and that too within a few minutes and skip cooking very easily.
Ingredients for Chick Pea Salad-
- A can of chick peas ( store bought or home made)
- 3 tablespoons edible olive oil
- ½ cucumber chopped
- 1-2 cups halved grape tomatoes
- 1 medium onion sliced in fine pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint leaves (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt (to taste)
How to prepare this Quick chick pea salad for low carbers
The method of preparing this salad is easier in comparison to the listing out ingredients used in this dish. Well, all the vegetables like chick peas, cucumber, tomatoes, onion are mixed together properly. Cilantro & mint leaves are tossed and ground pepper is sprinkled upon the salad mixture.
Now take lemon juice and apple cider vinegar & salt in appropriate proportions as per you liking and whisk them with olive oil until it emulsifies. Toss it up with the salad you just prepared and your Quick Chick Pea Salad is ready to feast upon.
Sometimes I just mash them up and turn it into a hummus ..Just for a different taste next day although this one below needs little more water and olive oil right now.
I hope you liked the dish and attempt to prepare it soon. Do share your views about this recipe!
Have you tried the chick pea salad? Do let us know your recipe if its any different that the one given here.
You might also like to read:-
- 4 Simple Ways To Lose Weight At Home
- How To Re-energize Yourself When Tired
- How To Get Rid Of Love Handles
- How To Eat Healthy At An Italian Restaurant
- The Dukan Diet For Weight Loss
- 30 Minutes Full Body Workout For Busy Women
- 4 Easy Low Carb Cabbage Rolls Recipes
- 5 Must Have Seeds In Your Diet
- Top 5 Teas For Weight Loss
- Fruit Cream – Low Carb Recipe |Sweat Treat
- Weight Loss-Does Himalaya Herbals Ayurslim Really Work?
Quick Chick Pea Salad For Low Carbers published first on https://olimpsportnutritionuk.tumblr.com/