Sneezing; Can It Be
Do you think, change of season brings out the worst in you? Well, it can be an allergy. Allergies, especially flower allergy is getting common every day. Every change of season looks beautiful but it can be a painful phase for some. It is pollen, pollution, trees, grass, weeds and other issues that affect and cause allergy. Well, this allergy can be both seasonal and otherwise.
This happens so because the immune system of the body sees the pollen as something dangerous and releases antibodies to attack the allergens. Due to this the body releases chemicals called histamines. Because of secretion of this chemical, the person gets itchy eyes, runny nose and some other symptoms that are quite similar to one that happen if you are allergic to something. Also, these pollens are capable of travelling miles, so you just can not blame the ones in your neighborhood.
● Runny nose
● Watery eyes
● Itchy eyes and nose
● Dark circles under the eyes
Tips to be safe from these pollens
You might be thinking that if all these pollens are root cause, so there must be a way to prevent oneself from getting into this trap of pollens.
Here is a list of ways that you can do to be on the safe side.
● Try not to go out when the pollen content is high. Usually the highest is in the mornings itself, so if you are allergic to pollen, then you should avoid going out at peak hours.
● Keep your doors and windows closed during the spring season to keep the allergens out.
● Having an air purifier installed at your place can also help if you are allergic or just can not stand the minimum pollen allergy.
● Vacuum twice a week. It is the best way to get rid of all the unnecessary particles present trapped in your carpets, cushions, etc.
One key tip is to get ahead of pollen season. For example, if your symptoms are typically at their worst in mid-April, start taking your medications at the end of March. Likewise, if the weather calls for a run of warm weather toward the end of winter, it might be smart to begin taking your medication at that time as well. Ask your allergist about medications that can be taken in advance of pollen season.
The immunotherapy options available are;
● Allergy shots that keep the body resistant towards the attack of pollens.
● Mouth dissolving tablets can also be taken by prior prescription from the doctor.
You should consult a doctor when you feel that the symptoms are becoming severe and cannot be treated without medication. Always contact your doctor before taking a new supplement as that might interfere with the effectiveness of certain medications.
The actual allergy to pollen is known as hay fever, which is caused by pollen that are spread through the air.
One of the many examples of home remedies to keep the allergens at a bay include eating honey. This works similar to the allergy shots, some other home remedies that might help fight a pollen allergy are;
● Drinking herbal teas which have an anti- inflammatory effect, which will help in reducing the allergy.
● Use nasal saline irrigation tools, such as neti pots, to flush the nasal passages through water and salt.
● Taking herbal capsules such as Allium cepa or Euphrasia.
If you are wondering how to get rid of allergies forever, then you must consult a doctor for that purpose.
You may also like reading –
- Low Carb Coconut Milk Green Smoothie
- Indian Version Of Low Carb Diet
- Life These Days-When Low Carb Lifestyle Stops Working!
- Low Carb Diet-8 Popular Ways To Go On One!