Home remedies to get relief from tooth sensitivity
Do you wince in pain when you consume something hot, cold, sweet or sour? The sudden pain in the nerve endings of the teeth is referred to as tooth sensitivity. While it is advised that you consult your dentist, there are some home remedies that can provide you some relief.
1) Oil pulling
When you do oil pulling with coconut oil, the bacteria in your mouth reduce and this reduces tooth sensitivity. Coconut oil is antibacterial by nature and helps reduce plaque. Oil pulling is known to improve overall oral health.
Here’s how to do it,
- Take one tablespoon of coconut oil and put it into your mouth. It is better to choose extra-virgin oil for this purpose.
- Swish it in your mouth for 20 minutes.
- Spit the oil out and rinse your mouth.
You can then go ahead and brush your teeth as you normally do. Do oil pulling every morning before you brush your teeth. However, don’t swallow the oil as it has your mouth’s harmful bacteria. Oil pulling can also be done using sesame seed oil.
2) Salt water
If you have tooth sensitivity, salt water can help you. Salt water helps in creating alkalinity in the mouth so that bacteria cannot thrive there. It also helps in treating gum sores. Here is how to use salt water to get relief from tooth sensitivity,
- Add half a teaspoon of salt in a cup of warm water.
- Use this solution to rinse your mouth.
- If it is painful to swish it around the mouth, you can simply hold it in your mouth for a few minutes.
- Spit it out and rinse your mouth
Do this twice daily and see the improvement.
3) Clove oil
Cloves have anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and anesthetic properties that are helpful in fighting oral infections and reducing tooth pain.
You can follow any one of the remedies mentioned below:
- Grind two cloves and add a little bit of olive oil to it. Apply the paste on the affected tooth and let it be there for at least half an hour.
- Dab some clove oil to a cotton ball and place it on the sensitive tooth for 20 to 30 mins.
- Add 5 to 6 drops of clove oil to half a glass of water and rinse your mouth with it.
You will get relief from tooth sensitivity with these remedies that use clove.
4) Guava leaves
According to Ayurveda, you can get relief from toothache with the help of guava leaves. Using guava leaves for sensitivity is an age-old remedy.
Studies say that the flavonoids in guava leaves have anti-inflammatory, analgesic and antioxidant properties. This is how it helps in fighting toothache.
Take one or two fresh and tender guava leaves and chew them for a few mins and then spit it out.
Boil 4 to 5 guava leaves in a cup of water for 5 mins. Allow it to cool down and add some salt to it. Use this as a mouthwash.
So, these were the top 4 easy to follow remedies for sensitive teeth! Hope you find all these remedies helpful.
You may also like reading-
- 6 Teeth Whitening Foods
- 9 Foods That Stain Teeth
- Ways To Take Care Of Your Child’s Teeth
- 13 Habits That Damage Your Teeth
Top 4 Home Remedies to Get Relief from Tooth Sensitivity published first on https://olimpsportnutritionuk.tumblr.com/